Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tellus Museum

We finally made it to the Tellus Museum in Cartersville. When I was growing up and in school, we would always go on a yearly field trip to the Weinman Mineral Museum.  Tellus Museum is now a suped-up version of where we used to go. We decided we had done season passes to the Aquarium, as well as the zoo, and loved them both, so why not try somewhere closer to home where we could go even more often.  We had a blast.  There were areas that the kids loved (they dug for fossils and mined for gold/gems), but also lots of stuff for grown-ups to enjoy.  Nate and I both agreed we learned so much about fossils and rocks/mining in our area. Very interesting....we saw things that you just can't believe you're seeing in little ole C-ville :)  We are definitely looking forward to our next visit.  On a sidenote, I have pictures of the first part of the trip and then I bumped my camera on a bench while we were walking around and it was lights out after that.  But a few tears, $100, and one week later, my camera was good as new...thank goodness!








No comments:

Post a Comment