Thursday, May 10, 2012

Charlie's Pre-K Graduation

Man, oh man, I am feeling old. And not because I am old (thank you very much, Nathaniel...who will very soon be the same age as me again!), but because Charlie is officially a kindergartner, come August 1st!! We had his Pre-K graduation last night at Freedom Middle School and it was a very long, somewhat entertaining production. I'm not saying I could have done it better because I don't think it would be very easy to entertain (66) 4 and 5 years olds for an hour and a half (not to mention all of their siblings and cousins that were up way past their bedtime....because there were a lot of people there).  We got to see them walk across the stage and receive their diplomas, take part in a couple songs, and re-live a few of their happy memories over the last year in a slideshow put to sad music that would make any parent cry!  I remember when Charlie was born and he was so fussy and cranky from reflux or colic or whatever you want to call it.  The days couldn't go by fast enough.  And then I remember not being able to wait until he made it to each milestone....that when he could sit up it would get easier, or when he could walk it would be better or talking would definitely make a difference.  Like one of those things was going to magically make being a parent a little bit easier! Ha!  My Mom would say, "Don't rush it, it comes and goes faster than you can imagine.  Try to enjoy it."  That was hard to hear during one of his crying marathons as an infant.  But slowly it did get better and easier in some ways, harder in others.  And before I knew it, he was starting pre-school and then Pre-K.  And come August 1st, he will enter the front doors of Sixes Elementary School (where he has informed me you don't have to be six years old to go :), where he will begin the next 6 year journey of his life.  It's like I am now the parent of a child that has "chapters" in his own life.  Crazy.  So, as my Mom said, it does go by fast and I am going to do my very best to try and enjoy each and every little moment I can. We are honestly so blessed that God chose us to be the parents of such a smart, handsome, caring young man.  We couldn't be prouder!







 (Sophie and Jalyn....two of his best buds)
 (Ms. Rodriguez)
 (Ms. Griffis)



No comments:

Post a Comment